Bilingual books available online for free
Use the website below to access a library of free online books that are dual language. There are over 550 books to choose from in 38 different languages.
To download a copy of the home learning activities PDF click here
Information from Manchester City Council click here
Children’s work pack
Reception – Year 6
Friday 20th March
Dear Parents and Carers,
Due to school closure or if you are isolating at home, please find the work that has been allocated for your child.
Each child has been given a folder with necessary stationary items in, this includes a pen and a pencil. Please see below for activities your child needs to work through.
• CGP books have been purchased for each child Please work through these books from the beginning or please complete the pack provided.
• Access Twinkl online - Twinkl is offering every parent and carer in our school access to all Twinkl resources with a One Month Ultimate Membership, totally free of charge. After you have logged in please access the Parents’ Hub for activities and resources to be used at home. Setting this up is really easy to do - go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
• https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/ This useful website includes Free eBooks for ages 3-11 years and Maths games and activities.
• The children in KS2 listen to Newsround daily. https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround Newsround is a news magazine keeping young viewers up to date with the latest stories and events happening at home and abroad.
• At Chapel Street Community Primary School, we follow the White Rose scheme for Maths. https://whiterosemaths.com/ From next week they hope to have launched some free resources to support children at home, these will include video tutorials and resources.
• https://ttrockstars.com/ Children in KS2 can use their log in and password. Times Tables Rock Stars is a carefully sequenced programme of daily times tables practice.
Other websites you might find useful;
• BBC bitesize - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
• Topmarks – lots of games for children to play https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
• Robin Hood Academy Trust Learning materials https://www.robinhoodmat.co.uk/learning-projects/
• This is a great resource where parents can find weekly work for a 7 week period. Use the master promo code LCF2020sch to create a single user login at Babelzone (French/Spanish) Englishzone (games/Phonics) or MathsZone for any pupil or teacher
• Whilst the libraries are open, if you feel safe and comfortable to do so you could go and select some books to read at home.
Work that is completed at home will support your child’s learning. Any work completed at home is to stay at home and will not be collected in by teachers once the school is reopened.
We appreciate that for some children this could be a worrying and uncertain time.
Childline is here to help anyone under 19 in the UK with any issue they’re going through.
You can talk about anything. Whether it’s something big or small, our trained counsellors are here to support you.
Childline is free, confidential and available any time, day or night. You can talk to us:
by calling 0800 1111
Reading Gladiator children
Dear Parents /Carers,
Due to the current situation regarding the Coronavirus it has been advised to cancel all after school clubs for the safety of the children and staff. Reading Gladiators will unfortunately be affected by this cancellation, however we would like to encourage the children to keep reading. The Reading Gladiators company are offering an online app to use at home.
The Reading Journey app, which is free to UK schools can be accessed from home on iPads once the school has registered and been approved. (Android and Kindle versions are in the test phase and we hope to have news about their release soon.) Children can use the inbuilt reading journal and add in their own titles, as they continue to build their personal reading journey. Watch out for the forthcoming webinar that shows how to use the app to its full potential if children are using it at home.
Lots of companies are also offering free subscriptions for parents who are home schooling, giving the children access to free books online. I have included a few links for reading with children in this letter. Reading Gladiators will be resumed as soon as school feels it is safe to do so.
https://worldbook.kitaboo.com/reader (click on ebooks)
Chapel Street Primary School, Chapel Street, Levenshulme, Manchester, M19 3GH
Tel: 0161 224 1269 | Fax: 0161 248 4092 | Email: email@example.com
2016 Copyright Chapel Street Primary School | Website design by Kittle Visual Marketing