How do we promote language and communication skills in the Nursery?
In Nursery we are dedicated to promoting language and social communication. These are the basics skills required for learning.
• Ready, steady, go activities that require children to ask for more
Reception Annual Curriculum Plan
• Offering a choice between two and encouraging a child to orally say one before giving it to them
• The unexpected – putting a hat on hands, putting a banana in a cup
• Adults playing alongside and commentating on play
• Singing nursery rhymes
An example of a Nursery Home Learning Booklet
• Playing cooperatively and negotiate ideas
Chapel Street Primary School, Chapel Street, Levenshulme, Manchester, M19 3GH
Tel: 0161 224 1269 | Fax: 0161 248 4092 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 Copyright Chapel Street Primary School | Website design by Kittle Visual Marketing