Keeping children safe from abuse
The following NSPCC website has advice to help you spot signs of abuse whilst social distancing is in place and what to do if you are worried about a child.
Keeping children safe online
The following NSPCC website has advice and help for parents when talking to your children about how to keep themselves safe online and how you can better understand the risks online and use things like 'parental controls' to help keep them safe too.
How to Report a Concern
There are a number of ways by which you can report a concern about a child in our school. You can:
When school is open (9am – 3pm term time)
• Phone and ask to speak with a member of SLT or a Designated Lead for Safeguarding on 0161 224 1269. (See meet the team page)
• Email the school office on email@example.com
• Use the Contact Form on the school website: http://www.chapelstreetprimary.co.uk/contact.html
• Use our Student Help and Reporting Page (SHARP) https://chapelstreet.thesharpsystem.com/.
This has an option to share concerns anonymously if you wish.
The following options are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week, if your concern needs a response outside of school working hours:
• If you feel someone is at immediate risk of significant harm please contact the Police on 999.
• If you have non-urgent information, related to the wider community please contact the Police on 101.
• If your concern is specific to a child or young person please phone Manchester Contact Centre on 0161 234 5001.
• If you are a child or young person you can speak with Childline on 0800 1111.
• If you are an adult worried about a child you can speak to a trained helpline counsellor with the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000.
• If you are a professional concerned about a child in the workplace you can speak to an NSPCC trained practioner via their Whistleblowing Advice line on 0800 028 0285.
If you have shared a concern with someone listed above other than the school, please inform a member of the School Safeguarding team as soon as possible.
Use the following link to share a helpful book with your child that explains about Coronavirus and how they may be feeling. It is available translated into many different languages.
Free and confidential information and guidance for parents, carers, professionals and families.
ChildLine - Free, confidential support for children.
Greater Manchester Safeguarding Partnership - Safeguarding Children Procedures Manual for professionals in Greater Manchester
Manchester Safeguarding Board. Free information regarding safeguarding children and how to report a concern.
Chapel Street Primary School, Chapel Street, Levenshulme, Manchester, M19 3GH
Tel: 0161 224 1269 | Fax: 0161 248 4092 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 Copyright Chapel Street Primary School | Website design by Kittle Visual Marketing